Sunday 3 November 2013

Music Tag

I really wanted to get a post out there after a stressful week of moving house while fitting in other pre-booked events. I've got so many posts planned but my camera is in a box somewhere and I'm still not unpacked completely. Music is one of my biggest passions and this looked the perfect tag for me to have a crack at..
Image Source: We Heart It.

Favourite band/musician of the moment - The Courteeners. A 4 piece band from Manchester.  I've seen them live twice this year as well as the frontman Liam Fray at his own acoustic show. Excited to see them again in December as well!

One band you always come back to - Oasis. Who else? I might not listen to them for a week or two but I always come back to them, all time favourite band.

Favourite movie soundtrack - 500 Days Of Summer. One of my favourite scenes is when Tom is walking to work while Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap is playing away. 

What is/are your favourite song(s) of all time? - Okay there is a LOT to choose from but a few are in no particular order: Arctic Monkeys - 505, The Courteeners - The Opener, Oasis - Live Forever, The Verve - Lucky Man, Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own.

Most embarrassing song on your iTunes - I can't bring myself to delete Olly Murs' first album even though I never listen to it and always skip it on shuffle. My inner 6 year old self still loves S Club 7, no shame.

Top 3 Played Songs on your iTunes - 1. Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum, not surprised - a classic! 2. The Courteeners - Are You In Love With A Notion?, obsessed with these lyrics. 3. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - AKA.. What A Life, one of my feel good songs. 

Favourite gig you have attended - I've been to at least 30 gigs and a few festivals here and there so it's so hard to choose my favourite. I'm going to say V Festival '13 just because I saw so many one of my favourites in one weekend!

Most underrated musician in your opinion -  There's a really top singer/songwriter Danny Mahon from Manchester, I really love his stuff. Alistair Sheerin as well.

Favourite quote or song lyric - I could list so many lyrics so I'll go with a quote from the main man Noel Gallagher himself: "Everything's gonna be fine. Stay optimistic. If there's dark clouds coming, they'll leave again. They always do". 

I tag everyone and anyone who reads this!


4 comments:

  1. We have very similar tastes, love Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys too, wish I had gone to V >< Did Reading last year which was cool though, would love to have been to as many gigs as you haha x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great taste then :) haha! V is really close to where I live so can't complain! I'd probably do Leeds rather than Reading! It's an expensive passion though x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete