Tuesday 10 December 2013

Weekend in Birmingham - Gigs, German Christmas Market & Old Friends | Lifestyle

First off I want to apologise for failing Blogmas yesterday! I planned for this post to go up yesterday but I had a bit of crappy time for a few reasons when I got home and I didn't want to write a half hearted post but better late than never right?! So on to the point of the post..

You may of seen me mention here and there that I was heading to Birmingham over the weekend just gone. It turned out I had booked a couple of gigs on both Saturday and Sunday night so we decided to stay over a few nights in the Hampton by Hilton on Broad Street. I went with one of my closest friends Hannah, since she moved away from uni we've hardly seen each other so a much needed catch up happened. Later on in the weekend we met up with my best friend Zoe and Niall too.



Our room was pretty cool and I loved the colour scheme. I wish I'd taken more pictures but we were in a bit of a rush when we got there to get ready and get to the gig. I've mentioned my love for The Courteeners before but I couldn't miss the Christmas Tour Party and went to see them live for the 3rd time. They didn't let me down and put on a brilliant show, possibly the best I've seen them now!



I got my hands on a signed poster from the merch stand and was pleased to see it was not a printed signature but a very much authentic autograph from the boys! Next morning we over slept and missed breakfast, heartbreaking I tell you. Hungry and ready for an afternoon shop we headed to the Bullring! Also, world's worst selfie in a lift coming up..

I told you! Sorry for the terrible quality (oops!). Meet Hannah too who is very interested as you can see *haha*  | Coat - H&M, Dress - ASOS, Bag - Primark |



After a quick wonder around H&M and then the Disney store (I picked up my gift for secret santa at work) we headed to the Handmade Burger Co which tasted unreal after 19 hours without anything to eat. I opted for the peri peri chicken burger. Just a little tip too, one bowl of chips will cover both of you just fine as me and Hannah found out. It was lovely though and something nice and new to try out! Then it was time to meet Zoe and Niall and to head to the German Christmas Market.







So that's beer, hot dogs and lots of cute gift type stalls. I definitely want to fit a few more Christmas like markets in next year as well! After that we headed back to the hotel for a quick change of clothes then just down the road we visited O'Neill's Bar which is an Irish chain of pubs. One quick drink and we were back to the O2 Academy to watch The View. You might remember them for their catchy song a few years back - "I've had the same jeans on for four days now.."


It was a fab gig and I met all of the band afterwards which was pretty cool and was a highlight of my year! Anyway I had a lovely weekend and can't wait for similar weekends next year!

What have you been up to?
Don't forget to enter my Secret Christmas Giveaway HERE. It features Models Own, Yankee Candle, Rimmel, The Body Shop, MUA, Natural Collection & more!

No comments:

Post a Comment