Monday 8 December 2014

Music Monday: Albums Of The Year


Last year saw some of my ABSOLUTE favourite bands release albums so I was wandering what 2014 would bring in terms of new music material for my ears. It did not disappoint. It saw the return of some artists that have been missing from my life for quite a while. *cough* The Kooks *coughcough* Paolo Nutini *cough* Not to mention a cracking debut from Catfish and the Bottlemen. If that wasn't enough then let's throw in new records from The Courteeners and Kasabian for good measure. 

1. The Courteeners - Concrete Love | The fourth album from my favourite band has fast become my most played this year. It's a little different from their previous records to say the least. Liam Fray's lyrics are so relate able but can mean something different to anyone. 
Favourite song: Next Time You Call

2. Kasabian - 48:13 | Another band that have explored different sounds and another ear pleasing record has been created. This time around we've seen a softer side to the songs but still guarantees some top tunes that you'll want to catch live if you can.
Favourite song: Treat 

3. The Kooks - Listen | They are one of those bands that take me back to being 13 without a care in the world and not really appreciating the lyrics. I've really enjoyed having new material to listen to from The Kooks this year.
Favourite song: Bad Habit

4. Paolo Nutini - Caustic Love | The ultimate easy listening artist. He's won me over once again with his unique voice and that pretty face of his. Once again Paolo has mixed slow songs with a few upbeat tunes to make an all-rounder record.
Favourite song: Better Man

5. Catfish and the Bottlemen - The Balcony | If there's one band that have come into my life this year and opened my eyes up to new sounds then it's this one. Controversial but relate able lyrics. If you look out for one band next year it's got to be these lads. 
Favourite song: Cocoon 

What music have you been loving this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment